- Spend proper quality time with your child to enhance each other’s understanding and bonding.
- Affirm your child –Whatever happens baby I am always with you show and make them feel your love is unconditional.
- Never ever criticize the teachers in front of your child. This will hamper the child’s mindset.
- Give them space to grow. Let them have their own believes, take on the challenges and be ready to face the repercussions.
- In this globalization we have to see that your child realizes the importance of emotional intelligence.
- Encourage your wards to have short term / long term goals and help them to make a plan and work accordingly.
- Be their role model and keep in mind that your habits and behavior will have a great influence in your Childs behavior.
- Motivate your child to be his/her own hero, Inculcate a feeling of self motivation.
- Encourage them to be passionate and praise them on and off.
- Don’t criticize them publically.
- Make a schedule for meal time, sleep time, technology time
- On and off give a warm hug to your children. Put a love note in their backpack or under their pillow and give them a big surprise by taking them out for a lunch.
- Teach them sharing, losing, winning, compromising, complimenting others by using “Please and thank you”.
- Teach your child to do monotonous work from the early years like folding laundry, tidying up toys, hanging clothes, unpacking groceries, setting the table, making lunch, unpacking their lunch box, making their bed, Be creative. Initially make it stimulating and fun so that their brain associates it with something positive.
Dr. Anju verma